Friday, September 4, 2009

Normality



I have been abroad and I am therefore used to a change of paradigm, whenever living in a different place long enough means to start absorbing someone else's point of you.
By living in Italy now, for how hard one tries to stay neutral, trying to look at things from an impartial point of view. But just as when one lives abroad, also by living in one's home country, it is inevitable, eventually, to pick up the local habits.
So tonight, when I read this article, I realized how much I got used to considering certain things normal. It's scary. It's very scary. This is not normal, but if you live in it long enough you might end up feeling like it sort of is.
Sometime the change feels so close, sometimes it feels so untouchable.

2 comments:

  1. ciao bro
    me gusta mucho tu blog
    keep up the good work

    ianna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly, shameless female trash is a key part of the Italian psyche (if the PM's wife is anything to by).

    :)

    ReplyDelete