Saturday, September 5, 2009

Videocracy



Tonight I went to see Videocracy.
I was really curious. It is about Italy, but it was not thought for and Italian audience, being a swedish production.
It is kind of what I'm trying to do here, in this little bolg of mine. So I was really curious.
The first thing that comes to my mind if I think about the movie is that to me it felt like i was watching a horror movie.
The atmosphere in the room was really tense. It was facing reality, for good, as hard as it is.
Second, the picture in the movie is really good. And the editing too.
It's a documentary, and all the people that appear in it are not acting.
Still, some of the people that appear in it are so disturbing (and disturbed), real people, influencial people.
And the picture and the editing take it out of them, making them look as bad as characters from a horror movie.
Commenting on it as I was buying some water during the show, I learned for the owner of the theatre that the director himself defined it as a horror movie.
You read this blog? Go see the movie.


Here on the bottom is a youtube video made on a song by Caparezza pretty much about the same subject. Soon I'll publish the lyrics translated.

L'età dei figuranti - Caparezza: Lyrics

3 comments:

  1. As soon as It gets shown in some theatre close to me. See you in Rome. Daniele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andre
    i added a link to ur blog on mine
    theculturalmosaic.wordpress.com

    checkit out

    cia'
    ianna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait til it gets a release all the way over here in NZ. I've been hearing the buzz about it for a while, circulating on various blogs, and it looks fascinating.

    ReplyDelete